Ativa is a privately held, emerging growth diagnostic company. We are working relentlessly to deliver an affordable diagnostic solution that consolidates blood, metabolic and urine testing to decentralized healthcare settings globally.
With vast in vitro diagnostics experience, our leadership team and board of directors has a proven history of successfully developing and commercializing novel point-of-care (POC) diagnostic technologies.
We are driven to change lives.
Our goal is to develop a system with new diagnostic processes that:
- Facilitate faster diagnoses, reducing the time from symptom onset to diagnosis
- Reduce the time, distance and cost barriers for people to get diagnosed
- Identify unknown conditions sooner and facilitate more accurate diagnoses
For us, success represents a faster path to disease diagnoses and treatment globally that will:
- Make it easier to treat serious illnesses and reduce their long-term impact
- Decrease patients’ time living with painful, uncomfortable conditions and increase their ability to be active
- Reduce medical costs and increase affordability
David Deetz – Co-founder, CEO and Board Member
David has previously founded two other medical device companies, one of which completed a successful IPO on NASDAQ and Deloitte identified as one of the fastest-growing medical device companies in the nation. The other was acquired by Danaher/Radiometer as an important part of its POC product line. The author of 11 U.S. patents, David has raised $140 million in private and public capital for his companies.
Barbara Roth – Co-founder, COO, VP Manufacturing
Barbara is a former medical technologist previously involved in two successful POC blood-testing startups, one of which was purchased by J&J. The other, Diametrics Medical, where she served as vice president of manufacturing, went public on NASDAQ. She also served as manager of quality and regulatory affairs at Johnson & Johnson. At Ativa, Barbara is responsible for team coordination, quality systems, regulatory strategy, clinical studies, ongoing operations and overall manufacturing operations.